Monday, January 30, 2006

Miscellaneous Story #1--Beautiful Christmas Tree

Since this was started just a little while ago, there are a lot of stories that have happened before now that have not been recorded. I think I will start adding in miscellaneous stories that may have happened anytime so far in their short little lives that have not been written down.

Right around the beginning of December, Evie had learned the word "beautiful". So as we would go shopping, she would see different things and tell me "Wow, mommy. It's beautiful!" Also, this year she learned who Santa is and was excited for Christmas, presents, Christmas trees, and everything that goes along with it.

So when it was time to put our tree up (we have an artificial one) she was excited to see the branches peaking out of the box that we brought in from the garage. "What's that, mommy?" she asked. I told her it was our Christmas tree, and that mommy would put the tree up later. I was planning to get it all put together while the girls were napping.

Evie doesn't really take naps anymore, so as I had started to put the tree together, she came down the stairs. I told her that she could stay and watch. As I got the pole of the tree put in the holder, Evie asked "What's that, mommy?" I said it was our Christmas tree. At that she said "It's beeaaaauuuuutiful!"

I don't know if she thought any more of the tree once we got it all together and decorated, because we never got another reaction towards it other than liking to look at it with the lights off. I guess to a 3 year old, beauty can be found in things that us adults don't think twice about. To a 3 year old, excited about Christmas, and having a Christmas tree, a plain black pole in a holder is beautiful.