Austin and I took the girls out to dinner last night. They were really good--they sat and ate their meals with no problems like climbing under the table or dumping salt. . . . As we were leaving, Evie said she had to go potty, so I took the girls to the lady's room and Austin went to the men's. As we came out of the lady's room, there was a mirrored door as the first thing you see before you turn the corner. Austin was standing so he could be seen in the mirror before you saw him in person.
When Evie saw him she ran to the door and tried opening it-- by this point, she was probably only 2 or 3 inches away from him, basically standing right in front of him, but she was focused on the door. She struggled with the door and waved to daddy for quite a long time. Finally I said, Evie turn around, and when she turned around and saw her Daddy there, she said "Daaaaddy!" and laughed. It was pretty funny.