Monday, March 06, 2006

But I Wuv Him!

One of Evie's favorite things to do is to "help" mommy cook. This usually entails her pulling a chair up to the counter and touching everything within reach and stirring anything in a bowl. Today I was making stuffed shells and she asked if she could sit on the counter and watch as I stuffed the shells. She was having fun eating any of the shells that got torn and were no longer stuffable.

She was sitting next to a carton of eggs and I heard her talking to them but I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying. I told her not to touch the eggs and she said "I'm lookin'!". Next thing I know she has an egg in her hand and she's talking to it and cradling it. I told her to put it back in the carton and she said "But I wuv him! He cry. He lost mommy."

The only way I could get her to finally put the egg back in the carton was to tell her it needed to take a nap.