Wednesday, January 21, 2015

National Anthem

On the way home from school:

Megan:  Mom-- look at that flag up there-- it looks like it's floating.
Me: (I start singing the national anthem)
Megan:  You know, some people want to change the national anthem.
Me:  I don't think that will happen.
Megan:  Mom, you're making me feel bad.
Me:  Why would you feel bad?  Are you one of the "people" (I did air-quotes for people.)
Megan:  Mrs Sabin, for one of our writing prompts, asked if the National Anthem should be changed and me and my friend were the only ones that said "yes".  (I wasn't expecting this answer when I asked if she was one of the "people".)
Me:  Why would you want to change the National Anthem?
Megan:  Because it has that high part that is hard to sing.
Me: (I start laughing)
Megan:  Aaarrggh! (pouts the rest of the way home).