Back in October when the girls and I went up to Temple Square to look around, Claire started a new thing. If she said something was interesting, she would put one arm behind her back and say "IN-ter-est-ing". I thought it was funny and cute so I participated a little that day.
Well, she kept it up-- Through November and December if anyone in our family said "interesting" she would say, "You mean, 'IN-ter-est-ing'." while putting her hand behind her back.
It was fun at first, then it really brought to light how often we say "interesting" in our family. Then it was slightly concerning. I was worried she would correct her teacher at school. I had a talk with her about NOT correcting her teacher and she asked, "can I just say it quietly and put my hand behind my back?" The answer was "NO". Later when I asked her if she's ever done it at school, she told me that one time she put her hand behind her back and pretended she had an itch.
Then one time she was drinking out of her water bottle and we said "interesting" and Austin noticed that she put her arm behind her back but didn't say anything because she had water in her mouth. So he said it a couple more times and found that she did the same thing.
So we told Claire that she could keep doing it until the New Year and then no more. She said OK. A couple of times during Christmas break Eve gave her a hard time about saying "IN-ter-est-ing" and Claire said, "I have until the New Year!"
The New Year arrived-- and guess what? She hasn't done it since! We thought it was becoming a habit that she was doing without thinking-- but I guess it was very intentional and she kept it up for 2 1/2 months!