The other day Claire said the word "stupid". I don't like this word and it isn't said in our house (except by Claire :) ). I heard Megan tell Eve, "Claire said the s-word, but not the really bad s-word."
Me: How do you know there is a really bad s-word.
Megan: I think you told me.
(What?! When would I have told her this?)
Me: What is it?
Megan: I think it's "sucker".
Then today Eve tells us that some boys at school called her a really bad word. It comes out that the word was "sucker". Austin explained that they probably didn't say it to be mean, they were probably playing.
I then had to explain that there are "bad" words and then there are "not nice" words that mommy and daddy don't like and don't want in our home.
It seems it may be getting harder to keep our kids sheltered! :(