Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Mary Poppins



Austin and I had the chance to see Mary Poppins on Broadway a few years ago when we took a trip to NYC. It was spectacular, so when Austin saw that it was coming to SLC he couldn't pass up the chance to take Eve and Megan to it.

We went opening night and it was a great show. The complexity of the sets just amaze me. We got there a little early and the girls were able to play a couple of games on the street with Radio Disney--they each won a Mary Poppins pin and a Mary Poppins tattoo (I'm not sure how Mary Poppins herself would feel about the latter).







After the first song I looked over at the girls and they had the biggest smiles on their faces and were applauding as hard as they could. A little ways into the show I asked Megan if it was what she expected and she said, "No, I expected just a lot of talking--But this is great!"