Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Evie's Sweet Heart

The other day we got an envelope from St. Jude's Hospital. It had address labels in it and Eve asked if she could open it. I said sure and then left the room to go do something. About 10 minutes later Eve comes to find me to ask me where the stamps were kept. I asked her why she needed a stamp and she came over to me with tears in her eyes and said, "I don't want those families to be sad because their children died."

I had no idea she was reading the letter that came with the address labels.

We chatted a little bit and later when I came out into the kitchen I found a little envelope with a note and all of her money she had saved since our last trip to the bank(about $5) and a note that said, "to: st. jude from: Eve Long I am so sorry that children are sick. Love, Eve Long"

What a sweet, sweet tender heart she has.