Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wheat Bread

I used to make a lot of wheat bread. Then I decided that I didn't like waiting for the flour to grind and I got out of the habbit of making it. When I did make it the girls liked it and they would call the white bread "sweet bread"-- but they really liked the wheat bread.

So I make wheat bread again this week for the first time in probably a year. They were eating some with jam as a snack after school today and this is the converstion:

Eve: What kind of bread is this?
Me: Wheat bread. Do you like it?
Eve: Yeah!
Megan: It tastes like you take a big bite even if you take a little bite (she says this as she takes a little bite to demonstrate).
Me: Why? Because of the flavor?
Megan: Yeah. It tastes better than the other bread.

After this, Eve goes out in the kitchen and finds a little end piece of the bread and asks if she can have it. Megan wants more too and I said, if you look over by the loaves of bread you might find another end piece wrapped up. She finds one that is twice the size of Eve's and says, "oh yeah! I rock!"