There is a hill at the school that all the kids love to play on. They roll down it, slide down it on their rears, on their knees, on their backs. It is every mother's nightmare. I told Eve that she is not to do any of these things down that hill because even when she doesn't do those things she goes through the knees of her jeans like crazy. I can imagine that we would be going through jeans every week if I did allow her to roll down this hill with her friends before and after school.
The other day she told me how badly she wants to roll down this hill because it looks like so much fun. She said her friends ask her too and she tells them she can't. I told her what a good girl she is for listening to her mom.
Then she told me that a boy came to school the other day with holes in his jeans--She said, "I don't know if he's poor, or if his mother is just trying to make him look poor!" I thought this was pretty funny, but of course I had to make sure she didn't tell the boy this. She didn't. Phew!