Eve, Megan and I were able to go to the Junior High performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. We all had a lot of fun.
After we got home and put Claire to bed we ended up just joking and giggling on the couch together for about an hour and a half.
We talked about toes and how Eve's toes are "Foot Ball Toes", Megan's are "Quasimodo Toes", and mine are "Sausage Toes". Megan had to whisper in my ear to double check that sausages aren't really made of toes. She did admit though that if sausages were made out of toes she would still eat them because they taste so good.
Then Megan called me "fatty". I told her that she better be careful-- I skinny little girl like her could call the wrong person fatty and get punched in the nose. She clarified that she meant my big toe was fat-- and I explained to her that calling people fatty wasn't nice even if she was just talking about the toe. All of this happened while Eve burst into tears while thinking about someone punching her sister in the nose.
Then to change the subject quick we talked about rainbows and what we would do with pots of gold. (Tears all dried up now :) )
Then we had fun crossing our eyes and laughing at eachother (Eve is great at eye-crossing).
At one point Eve decided that she was going to see how long she could not talk, so it became Megan and my mission to try to get her to say something. Megan decided that if we talked about her birthday that Eve would start talking. That didn't work, so I asked Eve if she would rather have a birthday cake or a meatloaf for her birthday. I said if she didn't tell me that I would just go with the meat loaf since it is easier to decorate. She still didn't say anything. At that point Megan had to whisper in my ear again to double check that I wasn't really going to give Eve a meatloaf instead of a birthday cake. After I calmed her fears she was able to join in with the meatloaf joke with a knowing look in my direction.
It was lots a fun and not something that we do a lot of. I hope we do get to do it more though.