Eve told me that she wanted to have a pool party for her next birthday. I asked her how we were going to do that, and she said we would do it in our pool. I told her that we couldn't because her birthday is in the winter. She broke out in tears. I explained to her that that's just how it works-- some people have summer birthdays and can have pool parties and some people have winter birthdays and can't. I said that Claire and Daddy have winter birthdays too.
She kept on crying, so I told her that we would just cancel her birthday then and she could stay 7 forever (was that mean? ). She knew I was joking and eventually stopped sniffling.
Megan asked how do you cancel a birthday and I told her that I didn't know because I've never done it before.
Then I noticed Megan kind of talking to herself about people named Henry and Harry. I asked her what she was talking about and she said that she's Henry and Harry's mother and she had to cancel their birthday's. I asked her why and she said that their birthday's are in the summer and they wanted hot chocolate.