Megan needed another immunization for Kindergarten so we went on Monday to get it done. She was nervous that it was going to hurt so we talked about how it would just be a little hurt at first but it wouldn't be bad.
While we were in the waiting room I could tell that she was still a little nervous, but when they called us into the room she went right in and sat down. The nurse told her that they were going to do it in her arm and she pulled up her sleeve. When the nurse gave her the shot she didn't move, flinch, make a face, wimper or anything. She just sat there. I was surprised.
Later when we were in line to pay, she whispered to me, "I know why the shot didn't hurt." I asked why. She said, "Because I said a prayer that it wouldn't."
We talked about how special it was that she thought to say a prayer, and how Heavenly Father listens and answers prayers. That a little prayer from a little girl was very important to him even though there are billions of people praying. That Heavenly Father loves her.
It was a very sweet experience.