We arrived in California Saturday morning. We decided to use this day to see some other things. We went to Griffith Park. This is the place that Walt Disney used to take his kids to and it was here that he came up with the idea of Disneyland while he was watching his kids ride the Carrousel.






We rode a little train that we thought was where Walt Disney had donated a train car, but it turned out it was at a different place.
Then we found the Merry-Go-Round. It was very old and worn down. There was even a horse that had caution tape around it. It was also the fastest one I have ever been on. I couldn't believe how fast it spun around.
After that we went to the El Capitan in Hollywood and had a treat. I can't remember what it was called, but it was 8 scoops of icecream, fudge and caramel sauce, a whole can of whipped cream and a bunch of cherries. So long diet!