Friday, May 01, 2009

Hotdog bums and Gum

The other day I made macaroni and cheese with a couple hotdogs cut up in it. Megan stabs a hotdog and says, "Hey, I got the bum!"
"The what?" I ask.
"The bum, every hotdog has 2"

I hate gum-- I don't like to chew it myself and I don't like little kids to have it, especially my own. I just don't want to deal with it falling out of their mouths, or it getting stuck in their hair, or finding it where it doesn't belong etc. Because of that, Eve and Megan very rarely have ever had gum--Maybe 2 or 3 times their whole lives.

I did an activity for Young Women's the other night and it required a bag a candy for each girl. So I bought a cheap bag of mixed candy that included bubble gum. Unfortunately I had leftovers so Evie and Megan wanted the gum. While Eve was in school I let Megan have a piece. She did good with it, no problems at all. Then when Eve came home from school she asked for a piece as well. I let her have one. A few minutes later she came back to me and said, "I don't like gum." I asked, "Why?" She said, "Because I don't like having to go to the bathroom all the time to spit out the juice."

It's a good thing we got this straightened out before someone at school gave her a piece of gum on the playground and she started spitting out the "juice" everywhere. That could have been embarassing.