Let me start this out with that ALL of our girls are smart. This is just a list of some of the smart things Megan has done/said lately.
Keep in mind Megan is still 4.
1.As Megan is walking up a ramp she tells me "Some people call this an inclined plane."
2.She can read all of Dick and Jane by herself.
3.As we were driving she said, "I just saw the word mister."
Me: Where?
Megan: There (and she points to a sign that says "Mr. Mac")
Me: How did you know that m-r-. says mister.?
Megan: Because I saw when you were reading Mr. Popper's Penguins and Mr. Ocax in the book Poppy.
So she was looking at the words over my shoulder and learned that Mr. was mister.
4.We received her kindergarten registration packet and it had an activity book showing what the kids should be able to do by the time they come to kindergarten. One activity was draw a picture and tell a story about it (verbally). So she draws a picture of a castle and shows it to me, and I said "that's great, now you have to tell the story." The next think I know she has written this on her paper.
I FAUND A KASL I TUCH THE KASL AND AWAY I GO
Translation if you need it: I found a castle, I touched the castle, and away I go.
As she was writing this, she didn't know how to spell "away" but she remembered that she had read it in Dick and Jane so she looked it up.
Evie is just starting to write stories in Kindergarten and Megan has picked up on it.
5.If a toy is broken it is "damaged" and if she is hot she is "sweltering".
6.The girls have gotten on a Scooby-Doo kick lately and have been watching shows on Netflix Insta-View. The other day I told Megan she could pick a movie on the computer to watch and she asked if she could watch Scooby-Doo. I said sure--I had already gotten her onto the Netflix site in the kids section, so I figured that she would just browse through the movies and pick a Scooby-doo when she saw one. I left the room for something and when I came back she had a screen full of just Scooby-Doo shows to pick from. I looked in the little search box and she had typed in "Sgoobedoo". She said, "I sounded it out!"
Sometimes I can't believe what she can do!