Sometimes when I am driving I get frustrated with other drivers. . . which my favorite phrase to say in my frustration is "Come on, lady!" I was driving the other day and Claire could tell that another driver wasn't doing what I wanted her to do so Claire yelled out, "Come on, lady!" Megan, who was sitting in the front seat with me turned around and said, "Claire" in a disapproving voice. Claire replied, "What? That's what mom says." Megan said, "I know--I don't like it when mom says it either."
Our school has a rule that homemade goodies can't be brought in for birthdays or class parties. This rule really annoys me. So the other day there was going to be an after school party for the drama club the girls had joined. The girls signed me up to bring brownies. I made the brownies and brought them to the girls for the party after school and then went off with Claire for an hour. When I came back they had the container of brownies with them untouched and said that they weren't allowed to have them at the party because they were homemade. In my annoyance I said, "Well, next time I'll just go to the bakery and get one of their packages and put my brownies in it and they'll never know the difference." Megan said, "Would you really do that?" I said, "Probably not." Megan said, "Good, I wouldn't want a mom who would do something like that."