The other day when Eve was in school, Megan, Claire and I had donuts. The empty donut packaging was on the counter when Eve came back from school and she started to cry.
I explained to her that when she is at school we sometimes do things and have things that she doesn't just like she does things and haves things in school that we don't. Then I started fake crying about her getting pizza for lunch that day and we didn't get pizza.
She looked at me with a serious face and said, "I didn't have pizza. They didn't have pizza for lunch today." I said, "yes you did--it's pizza day." Evie--still with a serious face said, "No I didn't."
"What did you have for lunch?"
"Beans. I had beans for lunch!"
And then she busted out laughing. It amazes me sometimes how their senses of humor are developing.