Monday, March 30, 2009

Cute Girls

Here are some things the girls have said lately:

Evie has "sight words" for school. We have flashcards of them that we go through and sometimes after Eve says the word she makes up a sentence with it. Word: All. Sentence: All citizens listen up!

I listen to Dr. Laura quite often as I go to pick up Eve from school. The other day Dr. Laura was making an analogy about how people will just stay in the situations that they are in if they are comfortable. She said to imagine you live in a nice house, and the only problem is that you don't have a bathroom--just slits on the floor. She said, "you'll stay in the house until the poop gets too high." Then I hear Megan say from the back seat, "THAT'S why I don't like Dr. Laura."

Megan was explaining the Space Mountain ride at Disneyland to me. This is a ride that is totally dark except for lights that look like stars and planets and outer space things. She said, "It has stars and planets, and it has these 2 bright lights that I pretend are Heavenly Father and Jesus."

The first time we went to Disneyland back when Evie was 4 Austin bought the girls pizza when we watched the fireworks. They remember this and talk about it sometimes. Since then, when we go to Disneyland we very rarely buy food at the park and the couple times we've watched the fireworks we did not have anything to eat. The last time we went we stayed for the fireworks and the girls were hungry so Austin bought them pizza. When Evie saw the pizza she said, "Daddy, I can't believe you did it!"

Megan and Evie: Why do they look through everyone's bags at Disneyland?
Me: To make sure nobody is bringing in anything dangerous.
Megan: Yeah, like rocks to throw at people.