After school I asked her how it went and she said, "uh, it was a little boring." I told her that all the boring stuff had to happen the first few days. Luckily for her she went the first two days, and then we left for Disneyland so she missed the next 3 days of school--which the teacher said she would be missing learning how to use scissors and a tour of the school.
When she went back to class after our trip, she didn't think it was boring anymore.
Then I was concerned about about where to pick Evie up and one of the people at the school said that a teacher would take her along with other kids that are picked up to the flag pole. So after her first day of school I went to the flag pole and waited for her. I saw her teacher down by the buses, but I didn't see Evie anywhere. Then I looked down by the special kindergarten doors and Evie was down there kind of looking lost and not knowing what to do. I went and got her and asked her if her teacher had told her to stay there by the doors or what-- she said, "they didn't tell me anything!"
So the next day I told her to meet be by the flag pole, because I didn't know what was going on-- was a teacher going to take her there? When I went to pick her up I saw her now walking with her teacher and a bunch of kids to the buses. I saw Evie point to the flag pole and even say something to the teacher. I watched as the teacher helped the bus kids on the right bus, and I watched as Evie took off her backpack and proceded to roll down the grassy hill next to the buses, and I watched as the teacher then took the rest of the kids to the flag pole while evie was laying at the bottom of the hill. Then Evie sees me at the the top of the hill and comes to me and I made her go to the flag pole with her teacher first, and then come back to me :)
In the car ride I told Evie that it looks like the teacher is going to take everyone to the buses and then take the rest of the kids to the flag pole and not to roll down the hill anymore.
So. . .the next day I watched again as the teacher took everyone to the buses. Evie was there. I watched as she took off her backpack and headed for the hill. I watched as she remembered not to roll down the hill and ran back and put her backpack back on!! Hooray!!! She walked with the teacher to the flagpole!
(Claire thought she was getting her picture taken on this one)