Thursday, May 29, 2008

Invisible Friends

I think it's not uncommon for kids to have invisible friends, but Megan has taken it one step further-- She becomes the friend. Megan will leave the room and sometimes before she leaves she will tell me that Anna is going to come over and that I should be nice to her. Then she leaves the room and when she comes back, she is Anna. I have to call her Anna, she tells me about her mom, and things that she likes. Sometimes I try to get her to clean Megan's room and if she won't I'll tell her she has to go home and Megan has to come back to clean her room. One time Anna asked for a snack and later I told Megan that Anna couldn't come back because she wants to eat all of our food. The next time Anna came to visit Megan told me that she would be good and not ask for food this time. When Anna leaves, Megan will come back into the room and say, "Hi mommy, I'm home." Then she'll ask me if another little girl came to visit.

Austin's sister Lacey has been babysitting for us lately, and I asked her if she had met Anna yet. She hadn't so I explained the whole thing to her. After I was finished Megan piped up and said, "Actually, Anna had too many accidents--She's back in heaven now."

Where does she come up with this stuff!