Today Megan came up to me and said, "If you say the word, I will do the word." I said, "Megan, I don't know what that means." She explained that if I say for her to clean up her room, she will clean up her room. So I thought this would be a great chance to get her to clean her room so I said, "OK, go clean up your room." Megan said,"Mommy, don't say that!"
Sometimes the girls (and me) take a drink of something and it "goes down the wrong tube". I use the phrase quite often as I'm patting them on the back as they cough and sputter. I've never really thought about whether or not the girls knew what I was talking about. Claire also gets too much in her mouth and starts to cough too. One day Evie wanted to know what was wrong with the baby. I said, "Oh-- some milk went down the wrong tube." Evie started to look confused and said, "but the baby doesn't have a tooth." All this time she thought I was saying that it went down the wrong tooth-- probably because she knew she had teeth in the proximity of the drink and the coughing, but didn't know that there was a "tube" anywhere in there.