Saturday, January 05, 2008

Couple of stories--Halloween Bum and Sharing

The other day Megan wanted to know what princess dress she would wear for Halloween. I told her that she didn't have to be a princess-- she could be a witch or a bum or something else. I didn't think about the fact that the girls wouldn't know what a bum was or the fact that the only way they have heard the word "bum" before as to mean their butts until Evie started to exclaim, "A bum?!, A BUM?!" I bet she was wondering how I would come up with that costume.

The girls have been coming with me to my dr. appointments and they always get to pick out something from the prize drawer. The last time we were there there was only 1 lollipop left which Evie saw and took before Megan had a chance. Megan was really good about it and picked out this little toy camera. In the car I could see that every once in a while they would switch and Megan would get a turn with the lollipop and Evie would get a turn with the camera. I don't know if Evie felt the lollipop was getting small too quickly, but I heard her tell Megan that she didn't want to share anymore. To that Megan responded, "when you get home your lollipop will be gone, and I won't let you play with my camera." Evie changed her mind quickly and gave Megan some more licks. I thought it was amazing that Megan was able to think ahead and tell Evie of the consequences of her actions of not sharing.

Speaking of lollipops-- here's a picture from Halloween time.