Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Chocolate Coin

This Sunday Evie got a chocolate coin in her primary class. When we went to get Megan out of nursery Evie dropped her coin and we couldn't find it. After a few seconds I saw a little boy had the coin and had squished it in his hands and was trying to eat it. I just thought that I would get the girls out of that room before Evie saw that the little boy had her chocolate. Then I realized that Megan didn't have her shoes on, so I had to find her shoes--during that time Evie saw that this little boy had her chocolate coin and she burst into tears.

I told her that the little boy didn't know that the coin was hers, that he found it on the floor. So the rest of the day Sunday and quite often during Monday Evie would aske me, "Why that little boy take my chocoloate coin?" or, "Why that little boy eat my chocolate?". After answering her a hundred times she came to the conclusion that the coin was "sooooo shiny" and that the "little boy didn't know it was my coin."

Last night when Austin came home, one of the first things she told him was about the little boy eating her chocolate coin.

Today we were sitting on the couch together and Evie had a few pretzels on her plate. They had been there for awhile and I ate them thinking she didnt want them. Of course, when she saw that they were gone she started crying. Megan's sitting with us and she says out of nowhere, "Evie, lets talk about the little boy that ate your chocolate coin."

Then a little while later Evie pointed to her orange on her plate and asked "What's this do?" Again Megan pipes up and says, "It hurts your bum!"

On another note. Evie has learned to spell "EVE". She knows it's her name, but at this point she things the first "E" is Eve, the "V" is Laura, and the last "E" is Long. She'll get it!