The other day we were at the DI. Eve and I were looking for some capri's for her and Megan and Claire were tired of looking around so they went to go sit on the bench in the front. After Eve and I checked out I went up to Megan and Claire and said, "Hey kids, do you need a ride?" Megan replied, "No, We're waiting for our mom." I said something like, "It's ok. I'll take you home." Then Megan and Claire popped off the bench and went with me.
We were laughing in the parking lot about it and I told them that they failed the test. They weren't supposed to go with strangers, even if it's their mother pretending to be a stranger.
Later I dropped Megan and Claire off at the pool and on the way there I told them not to leave with any strangers. Megan said, "We should have a code. I'll ask, "Do you have any bubble gum?" and you say, "Only on Tuesdays."
When I went to pick them up, I thought that Megan would ask me the code, so I was thinking of how to respond. As I was pulling up I could see Megan and Claire smiling really big so I knew they had been talking about it. I pulled up, Megan cracked the door and said, "Do you have any bubble gum?" I responded, "Only on Wednesdays." Megan closed the door and kind of ran away while Claire opened the back door and climbed in the truck. Megan said, "Claire! She got the code wrong! We talked about what to do if she got it wrong!" Claire said, "I don't care! Today is Wednesday and I want some bubble gum!"
I think we laughed most of the way home!