Claire was playing with playdough today and realized she didn't have any red.
Claire: What 2 colors make red?
Me: Red can't be made-- it's a primary color like blue and yellow. Those colors can't be made with other colors.
Claire: Oh.
A little while later:
Claire: I don't have black-- let me guess, it's a primary color.
Me: No, black isn't a primary color.
Claire: Why do I wear it there then?
Claire: I'm a crazy girl. Actually I'm a Chinese girl--is that right, mommy?
Me: I don't know, why are you a Chinese girl?
Claire: Because I like to say "Chinese".
Claire made a wind chime the other day using a Popsicle stick, string, tape and plastic silverware. All the "chimes" were made out of plastic forks. Later she told me that she wished she had used spoons because she wanted to hang it up over her bed. :)
We have been talking about getting chickens for our backyard recently.
Claire: What if the chickens we get are married.
Me: They won't be married--we can only have girls in our neighborhood.
Claire: What if they are married in the chicken store and we only get the girl chicken?
Me: Why are you worried about the chickens being married:
Claire: If they are married there will be chicks in their eggs and we don't want to boil their chicks!
Claire was watching cartoons on PBS. At the end of one show it said something like "Sponsored by Foundation For a Better Life." Claire started to cry and said, "I don't want a better life! I want a life with you!"
Claire and I have been reading the Harry Potter series. We are currently on book 3. While reading book 2 Claire said, "The person who wrote the book did really good sentences!" She was really impressed :)