Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bike ride and litter clean up

The girls and I went on a bike ride today. Normally we go about 4 miles total on a trail near our house.  Today I wanted to go longer on the Willow Park trail along the Jordan River.  School starts next week and we won't have much of a chance to do longer rides.

We decided to ride down to a park ( about 3.75 miles down),  stop and play and have a snack and ride back.  


While at the park Claire needed to go potty which was half a football field away,  so we rode our bikes there while Eve and Megan continued to play.

As we came back I couldn't see them in the playground anymore and as I got closer I saw that they had crossed the bike trail to be on the river side and this is what they were doing:


They had seen all the litter laying around and also found 2 plastic grocery bags with the litter and they picked up all the trash they could.

So not only did they ride 7.5 miles, but they also played at the park and helped clean the environment-- all by 11am!