Growing up, the tradition in my family was to do stocking first. My sister and I didn't have to wait for stockings. We could open them right away even if we did have to wait for the other pictures. Austin said that in his family, stockings were last.
So I let the girls open their stockings first, which contain the Christmas candy. Claire was only interested in the candy the first half of opening presents and had chocolate on her face through most of it-- so I think next year we'll try Austin's family tradition of opening stockings last.
Here are a few pictures.
I made hats and scarves for the "Moms" of the family this year. The girls had expressed that they would like a hat and scarf too, so I crocheted after they went to bed and suprised them both with a hat/scarf set. Claire also got a little hat (but not a scarf).