Monday, September 10, 2007

Stories

It's been awhile since I've posted anything-- so here's a bunch of different stories.

Today, the girls found a spider upstairs. They both ran downstairs to get me to take care of it, so I ran upstairs with them and killed the spider and vacuumed it up-- as I was walking back downstairs, megan says, "Mommy, thank you for saving us." Megan is very good at saying thank you about things-- it's very sweet and makes it worth doing nice things for her.

About a month ago we had pancakes for breakfast and Evie cut hers up all by herself. I said, "wow, evie. You did a really good job cutting up your pancake." She said back in a very adult voice, "You think I'm growin' up?"

For a couple days I thought maybe I would try to teach the girls a new letter each day. We started with A and it went pretty well-- They were already familiar with what it looked like. The next day we did B-- didn't go as well, and when we finished 20 minutes later, they couldn't tell Austin what sound a B makes. The next day they saw the "B" papers laying on the table and they asked if they could look at them and I said yes. A few minutes later I heard Evie say to Megan, "We didn't lean anything."

We told the girls that we were going to have a baby come to our family-- that it was growing in mommy's tummy. Evie seemed very excited, megan not so much-- . The next day Megan told me that she didn't want my belly to get big. Then a little while later she started asking a lot of questions-- if she and evie were in my tunny, if daddies have babies too, if it's a boy or girl, will it sleep in the crib, if she'll be able to hold it. She's now more excited. Evie has asked me almost every day since we told her, "How's the baby going, mommy?" Eve will also rub my tummy and she wants to know if the baby can hear her. They both know that it will be awhile be fore the baby is ready to come.

A couple days ago a lady came over to our house and asked evie what her name was -- evie introduced herself, introduced megan, and then told the lady that there is a baby in my tummy and we don't know if it's a girl or a boy yet.